Dozens of major U.S. store brands have gone bankrupt in just the first four months of this year in this disastrous era of Joe Biden.
Some of America’s biggest names are having serious financial problems, and many of them will probably go away forever.
According to Bloomberg there is a growing list of failures out there:
- Bed Bath & Beyond: April 2023: Home goods, baby goods
- David’s Bridal: Date: April 2023: Bridal apparel
- Boxed: April 2023: An e-commerce platform selling wholesale consumer goods
- Independent Pet Partners: February 2023: Pet supplies
- Tuesday Morning: February 2023: Discount home goods
- Serta Simmons Bedding: January 2023: Bedding and accessories
- Party City: January 2023: Party supplies
- Forma Brands: January 2023: Beauty products
For 2009 there were 118 bankruptcies through April. In Covid-impacted 2020, there were 71 bankruptcies. In 2023 there have been 70.
This is the third worst start to the year since 2000.
We’ll keep him, thank you very much. https://t.co/O657wRLLYa
— Danielle DiMartino Booth (@DiMartinoBooth) April 27, 2023
Economics blogger Mish Talk went into detail about several of these bankruptcies, including Bed Bath and Beyond, David’s Bridal.
This isn’t even to talk about the growing bank failures occurring on Biden’s watch.
And yet another one occurred just this week.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Facebook at: facebook.com/Warner.Todd.Huston, or Truth Social @WarnerToddHuston