Texas Governor Abbot (R) was there to welcome President Biden as he landed in El Paso for his first trip to the U.S.-Mexican border in his entire life.
As Abbot greeted the President, he handed Biden a scorching letter telling him that he’s done a lousy job on the border and it’s time for the President to do his job and secure the border by enforcing the federal immigration already on the books, including:
- You must comply with the many statutes mandating that various categories of aliens “shall” be detained and end the practice of unlawfully paroling aliens en masse.
- You must stop sandbagging the implementation of the Remain-in-Mexico policy and Title 42 expulsions and fully enforce those measures as the federal courts have ordered you to do.
- You must aggressively prosecute illegal entry between ports of entry and allow ICE to remove illegal immigrants in accordance with existing federal laws.
- You must immediately resume constructing the border wall in the State of Texas, using the billions of dollars Congress has appropriated for that purpose.
- You must designate the Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations.
He concludes with:
“This chaos is the direct result of your failure to enforce the immigration laws that Congress enacted,” reads the letter. “Your open-border policies have emboldened the cartels, who grow wealthy by trafficking deadly fentanyl and even human beings. Texans are paying an especially high price for your failure, sometimes with their very lives, as local leaders from your own party will tell you if given the chance. On behalf of all Americans, I implore you: Secure our border by enforcing Congress’s immigration laws.”
For those of you keeping score, it’s Governor Abbot One-President Biden a big fat zero.
Below is a video of Governor Abbot’s interaction with President Biden, followed by a copy of Abbot’s entire letter.